The mission of The Real Estate & Land Use Institute (RELUI) is to promote and advance real estate education at CSUF, including research, curriculum, program reputation, student placement, and outreach to the local business community. The purposes of RELUI are:
- To provide a neutral and consistent source of real estate research, analysis, and data to the real estate community, government agencies, and educators in Orange County. The focus of RELUI's activities is on research, analysis, and data of importance to these constituencies, but that are not now being provided by either public or private sources.
- To provide a neutral forum where professionals in the field address key real estate and land use issue.
- To assist in the development, coordination, and administration of countywide continuing education programs related to real estate and land use activities.
- To maintain liaisons with government agencies, private industry, and associated organizations with interest in public policy affecting real estate and land use. As a university program, RELUI views itself as being a partnership link between government and business--an asset to both the public and the private sectors of the real estate and land use industry.
- To promote the general well-being of undergraduate and graduate real estate and land use education at CSUF.
- To provide a central point of contact for the Orange County real estate community to access and use the technical resources embodied in the CSUF faculty and a cost-effective workforce from the student population.